Covid-19 Phase 1
If you display or are unwell with possible Covid-19 symptoms or have been in contact with someone with Covid-19 Symptoms in the last 14 days stay away - do not come to the club
- Lake & Open Spaces
- Camping with restrictive measures
- Casual Sailing allowed (base wind 20kt limit)
- Other Water activities, including SUP's, rowing, kayaking, canoeing, swimming, paddling, windsurfing allowed (base wind 20kt limit)
- Gas and BBQ's are permitted whilst observing the governments advice.
We are relying on all members to comply with the above for the benefit of all to enjoy our club. The committee do not want to police this with sanctions but will if necessary. Please remember all committee members are volunteers but they are members first who also wish to enjoy the club.
Reducing the risk of transmission of the virus is our first priority
- Members Only - Members may have close family visitors. not exceeding group size of 6
- No Racing. (includes racing from Spit, and informal racing)
- Clubhouse & Changing Rooms are closed. (access only for maintenance and medical emergency)
- Clubhouse Toilets are closed. (Portaloos available)
- No Open Fires or Disposable / single use BBQs
- Children’s Play Area and Jetty - Closed.
- Training - Suspended
- Social Events - Suspended
- Safety Boats - Must not be used.
- Normal locking and unlocking of gates will be required -please take gloves or use sanitiser when using/touching locks and gate handle
- Always follow government advice
- Maintain social distancing at all times
- Always be considerate in your actions
- Children must be closely supervised
- Bring all your own equipment - do not use any club equipment unless specifically asked to do so
- If you are unwell with possible Covid-19 symptoms do not come to the club, follow government advice
- If you have come into close contact with someone with Covid-19 symptoms follow government advice - do not come to the club
- If you are vulnerable or fear catching the virus - do not come to the club
- You must:
- cleanse your hands after touching common surfaces, coughing, sneezing and before/after being at the club. Soap is provided by the hose near the entrance gate and tap outside kitchen window.
- keep your distance
- cover mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing.
- Only members of the same household can be in the same boat together.
- Do not sail beyond your capability.
- Consider launching and recovery of your boat whilst maintaining social distancing.
- Please return your launch trolley to your berth when sailing.
Other Water Users
- Always use appropriate safety equipment,
- We are a sailing club, so please can sailing be given priority on the lake. Other uses of the lake are welcome but be mindful of sailing boats, this is also a safety issue. If you wish to paddle board, kayak, row, swim or generally mess around please keep to quieter areas or the sides, if you are in areas with sailing boats keep clear.
- Remember you are responsible for your own safety.
- Swimmers in particular should stay to the sides. If you are open water swimming, especially front crawl do so when the lake is less busy with dinghies or swim in areas where dinghies are not likely to sail. Prevailing winds will always favour different areas of the lake. Please can all “open water” swimmers use tow buoys and have a spotter (on or off the water). These make it much easier for helms to spot swimmers.
- Park considerately allowing plenty of space around your car and others already parked
- If walking around the lake and/or picnicking-park in the main camping field, there is plenty of space.
- Please enjoy all the areas -remember there are public footpaths on the east and south boundaries.
- If using benches be aware others may have used them before.
- Please do not move benches together.
- No open fires -we want to minimise risk of accidents to ensure we do not call upon emergency services unnecessarily. They are also congregation points.
BBQs / Outdoor Cooking
- Barbecues will be allowed, providing people are "scrupulous" about washing their hands, maintaining good hygiene and social distancing.
- Purpose built, gas or charcoal barbecues, which are raised above the ground, may be used.
- Please use barbeques in the camping areas (i.e. not in the boat parks or the grass areas surrounding the clubhouse)
- To avoid the risk of fire
- Disposable or barbecues which sit on the ground must not be used.
- You Must have a Bucket of water nearby
- You Must take coals home for dispersal –do NOT use club bins
Potential Covid-19 Exposure
If you display or are unwell with possible Covid-19 symptoms or have been in contact with someone with Covid-19 Symptoms in the last 14 days stay away –Do not come to the club
In the event that a member comes to the lake and then subsequently finds they have Covid-19 symptoms within a 14 day period, we ask that they email the club on firstname.lastname@example.org
Giving the dates and times they were at the club. We will notify members there has been a potential case giving dates and times.