The committee meets once a month to discuss the current issues. An agenda is prepared which includes some standard items; Minutes of last meeting, matters arising, Suggestions, OOOD comments, Safety Log Entries, AOB.
- To keep under review matters pertaining to the clubs constitution and rules
- To promote good relations with the local community
- To formulate the forward plans and programme
- Provision and maintenance of Kitchen and equipment
- Provision and maintenance of first aid supplies
- To assume responsibility for and direct the general management of the club
- To advise other officers and determine action to be taken on matters requiring urgent attention
- To deputise for the Commodore when necessary
- To assume overall management of all clubs monies and bank accounts
- Monitor both income and expenditure and keep general committee informed of the implications of such
- Liaise with the Auditor regarding the annual audit of the accounts
- To report on the financial state of the Club at the AGM
- To regularly report to the committee the ongoing financial position
- To keep under review all matters pertaining to the clubs insurance
- To receive and account for monies paid for food, drinks and sundries and for social events
- To give notice in respect of the non payment of fees
- To organise and keep minutes of General Committee meetings, AGM and EGMs.
- To maintain and keep safely club’s records and documents.
- To keep a record of matters pertaining to clubs rules and constitution.
- To receive and deal with official correspondence.
- Booking the hire of the hall for the AGM, end of August for following January.
- Sending letters to members regarding problems.
- Renewing camping certificate every 5 years. Due again in 2009.
- Re writing and safely recording any changes made to the bylaws or constitution.
- The sailing secretary is responsible for all aspect of racing at the club.
- Maintaining the events calendar.
- Maintaining the CSC Sailing Instructions.
- Resolution of all Sailing related issues.
- To receive and account for fees paid by the members
- To receive and report on applications for membership of the club
- To devise and provide the necessary paperwork in respect of new membership and renewals
- To keep, maintain and provide adequate records of club membership
- To maintain and provide adequate records of boat ownership
- To advise new members of club rules, programme and events
- To organise Berthing
- To administer the RYA Affiliation requirements
- To oversee the training activities of the club
- To organise training of the Junior members
- To organise rubbish bins as required for collection of rubbish
- To Organise Portable Lavatories as directed by the committee
- To enforce the camping restrictions on the club
- To maintain a log of camping numbers
- Management of the social events programme
- To secure and supply clubhouse and gate keys
- Maintain and repair of building and premises Inc slipways, berthing areas, foreshore, signs and fences
- Organise and run the club work days as advertised on club calendar
- Maintenance and repair of jetties.
Safety Boats Maintenance
- Maintenance and repair of rescue and committee boats and their engines.
- Provision and maintenance of ancillary equipment for rescue and committee boats.
Duty Roster Secretary
- To produce the Duty Rota
- To invite the duty crew to turn up for their allotted duty
- To inform the committee of missed duties
Newsletter Editor (Y & Y)
- Collate articles supplied by the membership
- Edit and publish six editions per year
- Present standing instructions and rules imposed by the committee
- Promote sailing and social activities as far as possible
- Facilitate simple & effective club communications, using readily available channels
- Committee to Members (Email & Facebook)
- Committee to Committee (Email & Slack)
- Member to Member (Facebook)
- To maintain up to date external communications via main website (www.cotswoldsailngclub.org)
- Manage secure cloud storage solution for committee reference documents (www.box.com)
- Maintain & secure club members records including:
- Camping Records
- Duty Rosters & members qualifications.
- Training Bookings
- Maintain racing & results solution.
- Manage and ensure Members Handbook is kept up date.
- Help and assist all members access all ICT solutions used by the club.