Using the Urn
How to use the Burco Catering Urn
- Always use the urn on a flat level surface and positioned so that you can get the teapot underneath it, before you fill it with water.
- Lift the lid; if there is water inside please drain and refill as we don’t know how long the water has been there.
- It is advisable to try the urn tap while the water is cold to get used to the way it works.
- Only use to boil water, do not add anything to it.
- Fill to the “max” level indicated inside before switching the urn on.
- Plug in and switch on at wall socket.
- Switch on using the red button once boiling it will switch off
- The thermostat will keep the water to the temperature selected and will make periodic noises as it does so.
- Switch off at the wall and unplug the unit.
- Do not attempt to empty while the water is still very hot, it can be left for the followings weeks crew to empty and refill.
- Do not immerse the base in water at any time.
- The urn will be cleaned and descaled regularly so do not worry about this.