Privacy Statement GDPR Compliance 08.05.2018
We are a Data Controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2017 and the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
This Privacy Notice explains what Personal Data the club holds, why we hold and process it, who we might share it with, and your rights and freedoms under the Law.
Types of Personal Data
The club holds personal data in the following categories:
1. Club members personal contact information and health data.
2. Committee data including home addresses and bank details.
3. Contractors’ data.
Why we process Personal Data (what is the “purpose”)
“Process” means we obtain, store, update and archive data.
- Club members data is held for the purpose of providing access to the club and facilities.
- Committee data is held in accordance with Companies house and reimbursement of expenses accrued on behalf of the club.
- Contractors’ data is held for the purpose of managing their contracts.
What is the Lawful Basis for processing Personal Data?
The Law says we must tell you this:
- We hold club members data because it is in our Legitimate Interest to do so. Without holding the data, we cannot give them the membership they require.
- 2. We hold Committee data because it is a Legal Obligation for us to do so.
- 3. We hold contractors’ data because it is needed to Fulfil a Contract with us.
Who might we share your data with?
We can only share data if it is done securely and it is necessary to do so.
- Club members data may be shared with other bodies which provide a service to the member, e.g., RYA for courses and training. Data may also be stored for back-up purposes with our computer software suppliers who may also store it securely overseas in line with the privacy shield.
- Committee data will be shared with government agencies such as Companies House.
- Contractors data will be shared with Banking services in order for us to fulfil our employment contract with our employees, i.e. paying them.
You have the right to:
- Be informed about the personal data we hold and why we hold it.
- Access a copy of your data that we hold by contacting us directly: we will acknowledge your request and supply a response within one month or sooner.
- Check the information we hold about you is correct and to make corrections if not
- Have your data erased in certain circumstances.
- Transfer your data to someone else if you tell us to do so and it is safe and legal to do so.
- Tell us not to actively process or update your data in certain circumstances.
How long is the Personal Data stored for?
- We will store data, as long as the natural person is a member, director or committee member of the club.
- We must store contractors’ data for seven years after the contract is ended.